Tuesday, February 28, 2012

March Madness!


The I {Heart} Scrapping Challenge helped some die hard scrappers get some pages done.  Since I still have QUITE a few pages to get done to get caught up and stay on track for 2012, we are going to keep rolling with March Madness.

Usually, March Madness pertains to Basketball. For us scrappers, though, March Madness is our challenge against ourselves to get more pages completed. It doesn't matter if you are a digital scrap-booker, or if you are a fan of paper and stickers, or somewhere in between, all are welcome here!

The daily challenge might have been a bit overwhelming, so this time around it will be weekly. It is a challenge against yourself (until week 3, anyway!)to get more pages done, so here is how it will work:

Week 1: Goal: get 4 layouts done

Week 2: Did you achieve the week 1 goal? If so, this week's goal is 10 pages. If not, this week's goal is double what you accomplished in week 1.

Week 3: Pair yourself up with a buddy scrapper. Do not tell each other what your goal is. Who completed the most pages at the end of the week?

Week 4: This week is more about applying new techniques. Stretch yourself creatively. Get yourself a real life, hold it in your hands, scrap-booking MAGAZINE and apply at least THREE new ideas that you find to whatever you work on this week.

FINALS: You've scrapped it, now what??? If you're a digi-scrapper, get those pages PRINTED. If you go old-school, make sure your pages are totally complete, with embellishments and JOURNALING and get them in the appropriate albums!

To help keep each other inspired, we will continue to use the #love2scrap hashtag! If you're a blogger, feel free to come back and comment below with links to your March Madness posts!

   
Note: I submitted this post to YeahWrite. There are a lot of amazing bloggers who also post there. Please stop by and read what they have to say, then come back and vote for your top 5 favorites (usually you only get to vote for 3, which is really really HARD!)

10 comments:

Ado @ The Momalog on February 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM said...

Great ideas here to "get things done" in the scrapping dept. (-: Thanks.

Jen at Mom Rocks on February 28, 2012 at 4:56 PM said...

Partnering with my bestie for week 3!

Alison on February 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM said...

I am totally craft-challenged so I admire those like you who are so committed and talented :)

Simply Sara on February 28, 2012 at 5:05 PM said...

Ado: You're welcome! I hope you stop by and join us!
Jen: Yahooo!
Alison: Check out my tutorial for using Microsoft Word for digi-scrapping! Easy, Peasy, especially with Quick Pages! MOST Of my March Madness pages will be done using Quick Pages!

Anonymous said...

I really want to be a scrapbooker but always start projects and three pages in get overwhelmed & stick it on the shelf. This is a very nice inspiration! Maybe I'll revisit those scrapbooks!

Katie @ Chicken Noodle Gravy on February 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM said...

I'm the laziest person in the world. I wish I could get inspired to scrapbook. It looks like so much fun! Good for you for taking up a challenge!

Susan on February 29, 2012 at 10:54 AM said...

This is a great idea - I am so behind on albums and scrapbooks that I'm just now starting my wedding album from eight years ago. Maybe I'll give this a shot and it will help me get it done?!?

Simply Sara on February 29, 2012 at 11:06 AM said...

Kvetchmom: I hope you do! It will be so nice years later to have the pics organized and journaled!

Katie & Susan: We would love to have you come along! I have lots of inspiration from the February challenge. Also, there are many many Quick Pages that are very cheap, and even FREE! I LOVE quick pages!

Jennifer Hall on February 29, 2012 at 12:54 PM said...

Oh you! What am I gonna do with you crazy scrappin' friends of mine? I feel so inadequate.

Sisterhood of the Sensible Moms on February 29, 2012 at 1:10 PM said...

I love the idea of March Madness for something other than basketball. Maybe we should have one for blogging too. Nah. I am tired just thinking of that. Maybe something else. . .

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

ShopAtHome Banner
 

Copyright © 2008 Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez | Distributed by Deluxe Templates